Time to share another tasty (and easy) recipe. I found it here. It’s called Baked Chicken Fajitas.
What you need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 t. chili powder
- 2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. salt
How to make it:
1. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
2. Cut your chicken into chunks or strips and add to the dish, along with the onion, pepper, tomatoes, and green chiles. (Since I hate cutting up onions I always cheat and buy the frozen, pre-chopped ones. I added about a cup of those. I also used pre-chopped frozen bell peppers. Yep, I’m lazy, lol)
3. In a small bowl mix together the oil (I used olive oil instead of regular vegetable oil), and your spices.
4. Pour the oil/spice mixture over your chicken/veggie mix and stir to coat.
5. Pop that into a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the veggies are heated. (Since I used frozen veggies and my chicken wasn’t quite defrosted – again, I’m a slacker – it took 35 minutes to cook.) Doesn’t that look delicious? I love that the picture captured the steam rising off of it – just like the sizzling fajitas they serve at restaurants!
6. Serve, topped with cheese, on warmed tortillas. And if you plate it up with some homemade refried beans and Spanish rice? Yeah, you’re in spicy heaven 🙂