This is for all the moms out there who have a kid who LOVES something one day, and the next day could care less about it. For awhile Trevor was really into Goldfish crackers as his go-to snack food, so I bought a giant container of them. Of course once you buy the value-size package of anything your kid is bound to go on a strike of that food/toy/activity. Since the goldfish crackers were reaching their expiration date I searched online and found this great recipe using crushed goldfish crackers. And the bonus of using soon-to-be-stale food is that this recipe only has 3 ingredients. Now that’s my kind of meal 🙂
What you need:
- Goldfish crackers (about 2 cups crushed)
- Ranch dressing
- Chicken breasts (or chicken tenders)
How to make it:
- Pour ranch dressing into a shallow dish.
- Crush goldfish crackers and put those in another shallow dish.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips (if you’re using tenders you can obviously skip this step).
- Coat a chicken strip in the ranch dressing, shaking off the excess.
- Coat the dressing-covered strip with the goldfish cracker crumbs.
- Place chicken in a greased baking dish.
- Repeat steps 4 -6 until all chicken has been used.
- Put baking dish in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until done.
These chicken strips were so delicious. I usually take pictures of what I’m cooking if I’m going to blog about the recipe, but Trevor was distracting me while I was cooking, and there were no leftovers to take pictures of. You’ll just have to trust that I made this recipe without photo evidence, haha. They were super yummy 🙂