We haven’t had any snow this winter, not even a single flurry. Since Trevor’s missing out on making a real snowman, I thought we could have fun making a snowman craft instead. He absolutely loved making this!
Stuffing cotton balls in the jar:
Checking out the googly eyes:
Gluing on the eyes:
Gluing on the nose:
Gluing black pom-poms on for a mouth:
This is so much fun!
Checking out the finished product, complete with sock for a hat:
He loved his snowman so much! He carried it all over the house, lol 🙂
What you need:
- plastic jar with lid
- cotton balls
- googly eyes
- pom poms
- orange paper
- rubber band
How to make it:
- Stuff cotton balls into a clean plastic jar (we used a peanut butter jar).
- Screw the lid back on.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
- Cut a small square out of orange paper.
- Roll paper into a cone shape.
- Glue a pom pom inside the wide end of the cone, so that you can glue it to the jar.
- Glue the nose to the jar.
- Glue 5 black pom poms to the jar for a mouth. (You can also use buttons, but I wanted something larger so that Trevor could easily grip them)
- Turn a sock inside out.
- Wrap a rubber band tightly around the sock, just past the heel.
- Turn the sock back right-side out and attach the open end around the lid of the jar to resemble a hat.