Time for a little no-mess messy play! I’ve seen a colored gel activity on Pinterest before, but I decided to give it a little twist and do it on the light box. If you don’t have a light box you can just tape the bag to some white paper. Or of course this could inspire you to make a light box of your own. It’s so fun! Go here to see how to make one.
What you need for colored gel fun:
- Gallon size Ziploc bag
- Hair gel (another great Dollar Store item)
- Food coloring
- Light box
How to make it:
- Squeeze the bottle of gel into the Ziploc bag.
- Add in the food coloring of your desired choice. Trevor chose yellow.
- Seal the bag and mix the gel and food coloring together.
- Tape the bag to the top of the light box.
- Turn the light box on and have fun exploring the colored gel.
Trevor squished the gel, poked the bubbles, licked the bag, lol :), and had some of his light box toys “eat” the gel. Older kids can draw lines, shapes and letters in the gel.