With Valentine’s Day fast approaching I decided to start in on some Valentine’s art projects with Trevor. The first project we made were Valentine’s Day themed window clings. They aren’t quite like the type of window art you buy at the store, but they’re still super cute. And making a project together always makes it better than buying it in the store anyway 🙂
What you need:
- White school glue
- Food coloring
- Glitter or glitter glue (optional)
- Cookie cutters
- Waxed paper
How to make it:
- Add some food coloring to your bottle of glue until it reaches your desired color.
- Add the glitter or glitter glue to the bottle and shake well to mix.
- Put just a few drops of water into the colored glue to thin it out slightly.
- Shake it up again.
- Place your cookie cutters (we used hearts) onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Squeeze the colored glue inside the cookie cutters and spread to fill the entire cookie cutter. (Make sure your glue is thick enough to completely coat the inside. Our glue was thin in a few spots and one of our hearts didn’t turn out that well).
- Let them dry completely. This may take a few days, depending on the thickness of the glue and your climate.
- Once completely dry, peel them off the waxed paper and out of the cookie cutters.
- Wet the dried glue shapes with water and stick to your window.
- Enjoy homemade holiday beauty!
Checking out the cookie cutters:
Helping squeeze some glue:
Spreading the glue:
Glue is dried and they’re ready to put on the window:
Putting a heart in water:
Helping push them onto the glass:
Pointing to his beautiful heart window art: