Trevor loves his light box. But for some reason we hadn’t played with it in a couple weeks. I’m not quite sure how that happened, but reading about how much fun Owen and Melaina had with their homemade light box inspired me to create a new light box adventure for Trevor.
What You Need:
- 2 gallon sized Ziploc baggies
- blue food coloring
- baby oil
How To Make It:
- Fill a Ziploc bag about 1/3 full of water.
- Add in a few drops blue food coloring and mix.
- Squirt in some baby oil (this is optional, but it creates some neat looking bubbles)
- Let out the air and seal the bag.
- Put the sealed bag inside a second Ziploc, to prevent accidental leaks.
- Place on top of your light box and enjoy your own Undersea Light Box Adventure!
Having his fish “swim” in the “ocean” (I found these transparent animals at the Dollar Tree in their glow-in-the-dark section):
The Sea of Trevor:
Cheese Face 🙂
The next day he also wanted to play with the colored gel bag we made previously. This worked out great. I had him sort his animals by putting the water creatures in the blue “sea” and the land animals in the yellow “sand”:
Trevor’s Animal Habitat:
Playing and Sorting: