I always like do holiday themed projects with Trevor. With Earth Day coming up I thought it would be fun if we went outside and made a sticky collage. We went outside and picked dandelions and other wildflowers and put them onto contact paper. Trevor loved doing this. It was his favorite project since the ornaments we made at Christmas.
What You Need:
- Wildflowers, leaves, grass, etc.
- Contact paper
How To Make It:
- Cut a piece of contact paper off the roll.
- Tape it, sticky side up, to a piece of cardboard for strength.
- Go outside and pick wildflowers, grass, and/or leaves and stick to the contact paper.
- Top the finished collage with a second piece of contact paper to seal everything in.
- If you want to flatten it with a heavy book for awhile you can do that too.
- Hang in your window and enjoy!
Contact paper on cardboard:
This activity was a great way to sneak in a little PT and OT too. Walking on uneven ground and squatting is great gross motor work. Picking the flowers is an excellent fine motor activity too:
Working on shifting weight and having fun at the same time:
Sticking some dandelions on the contact paper:
I thought Trevor might enjoy this activity for maybe 10 minutes. It turned out he loved it so much we were outside for over an hour. Luckily the sun came out and it warmed up:
His jam-packed collage before we put the contact paper on top to seal it:
The finished product hanging in the window with the sunlight beaming through: